phone (812) 523-8686
fax (812) 522-4199
Roger has carried the torch of civil justice in his hands and his heart for over 35 years. The citizens of Indiana and the United States have much to be thankful for as a result of the work of this quiet and soft-spoken giant slayer.
- Fred Schultz, in the Indiana Lawyer, honoring Roger Pardieck's Lifetime Achievement Award.
Roger Pardieck is a life long resident of Indiana. He received his undergraduate degree and his law degree from Indiana University and has practiced in Seymour, Indiana, throughout his career. He served as special prosecutor in Jackson County for two years before starting his civil practice in 1965. His stint as special prosecutor convinced him that his future was in the areas of trial law and seeking justice for those who had been injured by the actions of others.
Pardieck has tried literally hundreds of jury trials in Indiana and across the country. He is committed to the preservation of human rights and civil justice and believes that the true purpose of tort law is to affect change in the law and in the behavior of corporations toward individuals.
- Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Indiana, 1963
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, 1963 J.D.
- International Graduate School, Stockholm, Sweden, 1960
- Indiana University, 1959 A.B.
- "The Impact of Comparative Fault in Indiana", 17 Indiana Law Review 925, 1984
- "Is The Danger Really Open and Obvious?", 19 Indiana Law Review 383, 1986
- "The Disappearing Rights of Plaintiffs Under a Legal Disability", 20 Indiana Law Law Review 383, 1987
- Numerous other publications and presentations at trial lawyers associations, The United States and Austria as well as the Association of Trials Lawyers of America
Honors and Awards:
- Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year, 2011
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association's Lifetime Achievement Award, 2001
- Indiana Trial Lawyer of the Year, 1996
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1983 - Present
- Who's Who in American Law, 1989 - Present
- Indiana Super Lawyer, Indianapolis Monthly Magazine, 2004 - Present
- Community Service Award, International Society of Primerus Law Firms, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Inner Circle of Advocates
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
President, 1975 - 1976; Board of Directors, 1970 - present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Board of Governors, 1985 - 1987
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
Indiana Coordinator, 1991 - present
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Indiana College of Trial Lawyers
- Roscoe Pound Foundation
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
Civil Trial Advocate
- Indiana State Bar Association, Board of Governors, 1980 - 1982 Chairman, Trial Lawyers Section, 1980 - 1981
- Indiana Bar Foundation
- Jackson County Bar Association