Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys in Seymour, Indiana
Placing a loved one under the care and supervision of nursing home or assisted living staff can be one of the most difficult decisions a family can make. A nursing home may be the best option for elderly family members who can no longer care for themselves. Unfortunately, some of these individuals are harmed by nursing home neglect or abuse once they become a resident.
At The Pardieck Law Firm, in Seymour, Indiana, our attorneys advocate for nursing home abuse and neglect victims. Contact The Pardieck Law Firm to discuss your case.
Pursuing Truth and Accountability
Our attorneys hold nursing home facilities and staff accountable for the harm they have caused your loved one and the turmoil they have introduced to your family. We investigate claims and reveal the regrettable nature of negligent actions. We work hard to recover compensation on behalf of clients while also striving to prevent future incidents. We handle all forms of nursing home neglect and abuse, including:
- Failure to provide sufficient nutrition causing malnutrition or dehydration
- Failure to recognize or treat bed sores
- Failure to treat infections causing illness or other problems, such as gangrene
- Failure to follow physician orders
- Failure to supervise resulting in falls or misplaced residents
- Failure to correctly administer medications resulting in overdose or other adverse effects
- Coercing vulnerable elderly residents
- Physically abusing or sexually assaulting residents
- Verbally abusing residents
- Other nursing home neglect or abuse
Many nursing homes and assisted living facilities are overcrowded, understaffed, and staffed with untrained personnel. However, there is no excuse for providing negligent or inadequate care to residents or for abusing the elderly.
Helping Victims and their Families Since 1963
If a family member has been neglected or taken advantage of by nursing home staff, the experienced attorneys at The Pardieck Law Firm can help. Contact our nursing home injury lawyers today.